Help! I want to write a book—how do I begin?
Take your novel, memoir, or nonfiction book from idea to print! Finally, sound, easy-to-follow advice on the ins and outs of book writing: everything from writing practice to pacing your prose. Dozens of specific book-writing exercises to generate ideas, flow chapters, and keep you writing, plus expert up-to-date advice on today's publishing industry.
|The consummate How-To Guide for everyone who has a book percolating inside them.
—Nancy Slonim Aronie,
Writing from the Heart:
Tapping the Power
of Your Inner Voice
Find out …
- Why it's essential to know your reader
—before you write your book!
- How a storyboard designs your book's
flow of chapters and ideas
- Which book form is best for each genre
- How to handle your book's creative tension
—and avoid writer's block
- Why you can throw away your outline
—random writing leads to perfectly linked chapters
- Secrets of inner and outer story
to create strong conflict, characters, plot
- What agents and publishers look for
in a book manuscript today
- Comprehensive and Concise
- Generous margins for notation
- Real-world writing excercises
Download a Sample Chapter
Download Table of Contents